Ecosophic Isles is the website for a group mainly located in the British Isles. We are diverse but stick to some notion of truth as a compass and encourage one another in life and work. The emphasis is mostly ‘What can we know and do?’
‘Ecosophia’ is a term used by the American writer JM Greer. He suggests many can draw on wisdom and its traditions and distribute blessing. There are connections with the study of ecology.
Readers who wish can join a private email discussion group. To become a member please go to https://groups.google.com/a/eeecourse.org/g/ecosophia-uk/ The group organised its 2nd meeting in London in March, a third in July and a fourth in November 2019. There are regular zoom meetings in 2021 and 2022.
These topics continue to be discussed:
1. science of geological-scale human influence on future climate
2. ‘ecological’ inevitabilities embedded in the order of the natural world
3. inevitable resource constraints for future roll-out of industrial civilisation
4. history of ideas and philosophy and ‘cycles’
5. value in low-tech living – past, present and future
6. personal actions and consequences and ramifications in consciousness
7. ‘class’ issues in politics and privilege
8. present imperial structures and structure of world trade, warfare and privilege
9. the ‘religion of progress’
Some of us began our aquaintance at a conference in London https://www.eeecourse.org/ and several still participate in ongoing discussion at JM Greer’s ‘Ecosophia’ link https://www.ecosophia.net There are members who have worked across the world, for example in Russia, China, Western & Eastern & Central Europe, and in other parts of Asia and the Middle East. Although resident in these islands several were born in North America.
From our members, see Jason NOW AT https://beyondthewasteland.co.uk/ and Brian previously at http://restoringmayberry.blogspot.com/ NOW AT https://oldschoolschool.org/ Bogatyr is NOW AT https://barddas.org/ where he publishes on Druidry … “the Welsh corpus … legends anchored in the inspired vision of Iolo Morganwg”. Andy is at http://mutualreception.dreamwidth.org/ which he devotes to mundane astrology and welcomes help & discussion. Tim J is ‘Ecosophic’ about ‘Where we are, how we got here, where we might go’ https://thesoundoffallingleaves.com/
Tim Watkins is not a member of our discussion list but many on the list follow him at http://consciousnessofsheep.co.uk/about/
Many of us follow the online knowledge base being created by Nate J Hagens and his colleagueshttps://natehagens.substack.com/about See also physicist Tom Murphy https://dothemath.ucsd.edu/tom-murphy-profile/